Source: Shutterstock / nimon
Matcha is the powdered form of green tea leaves, and the Japanese have perfected the art of traditional tea ceremonies for centuries. Today, we can enjoy it in a warm mug as a latte, on ice, or in baked food forms. The reason matcha is growing in popularity is because of the surprising health benefits it provides.
- High levels of antioxidants to reduce your risk of cancer.
- It boosts your metabolism for natural weight loss and fat burning.
- High chlorophyll content helps purify the blood and flush out unwanted toxins.
- Multi-vitamin/mineral supplement to strengthen your immune system.
- Regulates blood sugar levels.
- Low in caffeine but still provides a long-lasting energy to get through your day.
- Green tea can help improve brain function.
- Studies have shown it may protect your brain in old age from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Kills bacteria in the mouth and lowers risk of infection.
- Lowers risk of Type II Diabetes.
- Green tea has been shown to lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
Try experimenting with matcha in your next smoothie or when you’re baking your next sweet treat. A little bit of matcha can go a long way.